Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Biggest

This is Berkley's last week of preschool before summer break begins.  It is hard to believe this summer he turns 3.  Where has our baby gone?  He learned some wonderful things at preschool including his colors and shapes.  Mostly though - he has enjoyed playing with his friends.  Today he brought home a huge bag filled with his art work from the year and it made me feel like my little boy wasn't so little any more....and just as I started to feel sad on our drive home - he began yelling from the back seat... "I want the baby.  I want the baby."  He ended up having a full blown tantrum.... he wanted the baby from school to come home with him and as much as I tried "you'll see the baby at summer camp, Berk" or "the baby's home is at school"  - it didn't work.  And there we sat on the kitchen floor discussing the baby at school.  The tears in his eyes were real... and I was reminded that he still was a baby too.  Thank goodness.  Preschool is good in many ways, but I am pretty excited for summer..... the adventures we have planned and to have some down time with Berk and Nan.  Don't you remember the lazy days of summer when you looked at the insides of your eyelids because you were so bored?  I hope our kids (and mommy too) get to experience that!

We miss you, B!  Glad you made it safely to Korea.  Can't wait to see you in 3 days.... but who is counting?




Berkley with his teachers.

Miss. Melanie and Miss. Ann
FPP 
Group III

No comments:

Post a Comment