Berkley starts 'back to school' stuff this week. This morning he met all the children in his preschool class at a play date at the school park. There were donuts. Everyone was excited. Berkley was especially excited to get to ride over to the park in the stroller of his buddy. 15 minutes prior to their arrival - Berks insisted on waiting outside. It was sweet. Sweet that he is so happy to see his friends. Sweet that he can't wait for school to start. Sweet that he is a confident child who feels safe enough with my friends to go ahead without me. Berkley is growing up! When we see our buddies or even when we encounter new friends - say at Kroger... he tells them about his new house. I think he is ready too. He is ready for a play room, to unpack his toys and 'bake cookies in my new kitchen.' Tmrw Berkley has a 1/2 day at school to meet his teachers. Next week school starts! I never thought I'd be a mom who was excited for school to start, but I am. Mostly because Berkley is so excited.
Waiting
Drinking water and waiting
More waiting
Excited!
("Mom, I will wear a collared shirt for my party.")
No comments:
Post a Comment