FPP Annual Halloween Parade!
Wednesday, October 31, 2012
Traditions
This year we didn't make it to the pumpkin patch. We didn't carve pumpkins. And we didn't even purchase any. For a moment, I felt like a bad mom. Carving pumpkins has been a tradition in this house. Brandon and I carve pumpkins and roast the seeds. Brandon carves something artistic and uses special tools to create delicate faces or spooky creatures. I carve the most basic jack o' lantern you can imagine. Every year he pronounces that I am the winner of our carving contest. We both know he is, but we celebrate my victory with gimlets. It is fun. We just didn't get to it this year. He was traveling. We have been sick. There was Sandy. But then I don't need to justify myself... or do I? I've realized it is all changing. Traditions change. Things that were important last year aren't as important this year. And as we grow and our children do too... we adapt and create new traditions. Ones that fit us now. That is exciting. At least to me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment