Monday, November 19, 2012

Thanksgiving! Here we come!

Annual FPP Thanksgiving Feast








Berkley was so proud of all the songs he memorized.  He is so excited for Thanksgiving and to eat "chicken."

Last night, when I was tucking Berkley in bed - he said, "mama, let's talk about me."  I sat him on my lap and here is our conversation.

"What is your favorite color?"
"Pink."
"What is your favorite animal?"
"Lions and rhinoceroses."
"What is your favorite food?"
"Chicken."
"What is your favorite sport?"
"Stomp rocket and basketball."
"What is your favorite room?"
"The play room."
"What is your favorite toy?"
"My recycling truck."
"What is your favorite dessert?"
"Gelati Celesti."

Have I mentioned this past Sunday - he wore a bicycle helmet around the entire day?  To lunch (out).  To Lowes.  To bed.  To play.  No one discussed it.  It didn't even seem odd to us. Berkley's imagination has no bounds.  He spent an entire day playing pretend games about what powers his helmet gave him.... When he wore his helmet, he was a little boy who could get his own balls when they bounced in the woods.  When he wore his helmet, he could go up to his playroom all by himself to retrieve a toy because he was no longer scared.  When he wore his helmet, he could see all the way back to our old house.  He is so dear.

My dad is having surgery after Thanksgiving. Mom, Bess, Gramps & I are headed to Detroit for his surgery.  I wouldn't miss it for the world.  I love my dad more than anything and I know he is going to be fine.  It will be my first time away from Nan.  I made this promise to myself when she was born that I wouldn't leave her for a year.  I've tucked her in every night and fed her every meal.  It has been one of the greatest honors of my life.  The day after her first birthday, I leave for Michigan.

Happy Thanksgiving.  Safe travels to all.  I can't wait to spend some time with family this holiday.  xo

No comments:

Post a Comment