Sunday, August 12, 2012

Final days of summer

Ok - I am better about blogging in the winter or maybe when I am not packing for a move.  There is just so much living going on in the summer it is hard to capture it.

First things first - Nan is 8 months old (!!) and counting.  We moved her crib mattress down to a lower setting today because she is pulling up and nearly crawling.  When did my baby get so big?  To say that Nan is a complete joy would be an understatement.  She smiles at everyone.  Laughs all too easily at her brother.  Eats anything you put in front of her.  We think you are about as sweet as they come, Nancy Elizabeth.  Berkley and Nan were playing upstairs yesterday and I was doing something - obviously important - downstairs.  Berkley ended up taking hand sanitizer from Nan's changing table and 'washing her hair' with it.  Special.  I must be a softy because I actually think it was a sweet thing.... just wished he would have washed her in the bathtub with soap, but there is always next time for that.

I hate to admit this, but we drive by our new house everyday.  I am pretty sure the owners think we are crazy.  I really want Berks to have a good transition to Shirley Road and I want him to feel excited for this change.  It is hard though.  He wants to know, "is my cribbie going?"  "who exactly is living here?"  "is Henry coming?"  "will my toys come?"  "do we have a kitchen?"  "will we go back home after we move to sleep?"  "who will take care of our house?"  So during our daily drives to our Shirley house.... I answer his questions about the move and hopefully ease his fears (mainly - "will there be moon monsters there?" and "you're coming mommy, right?").  We are living in a packing zone and I can't wait to get in our new house and make it home.






No comments:

Post a Comment