Thursday, August 1, 2013

Berkley Turns Four - Buzz Lightyear Style!

It is hard to believe my first baby is four.  He is so big these days - I can't even take it.  There are moments, when he still acts like a toddler, but mostly he acts like the little boy he is becoming.  I am so proud of him.  He waited and waited with great anticipation for his birthday.  He truly got it this year - that his birthday was coming and all that it meant.

On the morning of his birthday, he got in bed with us and I told him all about the actual day he was born and about how little he was....and he cuddled us and listened to every word.  Be still my heart.

We decided to have a big birthday this year with a bunch of Berkley's school friends, family friends, and family.  Bess (27 weeks) came down from Baltimore to help.  My parents brought a Buzz Lightyear cake, Uncle Carter was coming - and it seemed like the makings of a perfect party.  Then it rained.  Like pouring rain.  We moved the bounce house to the playroom.  It was choas.  But the kids had fun.  There was a break in the rain for the ice cream truck to arrive and excitement ensued.

According to Berkley, the best parts about the party were the juice boxes and the presents.  I love that child.  Have I mentioned that, yet?  3 more weeks of summer and I hope to sit around and enjoy all the last moments of summer with my babies before school starts.

Berkley
1. What's your favorite food?  - "guacamole"
2. What's your favorite drink?  - "dirt water"
3. What's your favorite toy? - "buzz lightyear"
4. Where's your favorite place to be - like in the whole wide world? - "home" (he takes after his mama & dada)
5. Who is your best friend? - "sissy" (this is not made up)
6. What is your favorite sport? - "tennis"
AND he loves, playing outside, swings, playing board games, baking, pickles, eagles wings, the sound of daddy's voice coming home, family showers, picking leaves, playgrounds, going to the library, chipotle, and swimming in the baby pool.
















































No comments:

Post a Comment