Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Heart breaker

Sitting down to write something this afternoon as both of my children are napping.... such a tremendous feat!  I have been working diligently on Nan's schedule and she is now a consistent afternoon napper (like her brother) and it has been a game changer.  The past month has been difficult with B gone during the weeks and then back on the weekends... mostly because it has rocked Berkley's world.  I have to say this week is starting off much better than last week...as we decided not to talk about Brandon leaving for the week.  On Monday, we did the normal "daddy is leaving for work" routine and that has seemed to help.

I think I am a planner and I definitely need to feel in control of my life (who doesn't?), but my son takes that to a new level. Maybe it is a phase?  Maybe it is because he is two?  But maybe it is just genetic.  Every morning Berkley asks me first thing "what we doing today, mama?"  He needs to know the routine.  He needs to know what to expect.  He needs to know things are going to be the same.  There is comfort in all of that.... and right now, Berkley is craving it.  Berkley loves to hear that he is going to preschool some mornings or going to the park in the afternoon... yes, because they are fun, but I think mostly because he feels safe at those places and that in turn makes him happy.  One other thing about Berkley from last night.... I was nursing Nan and Berkley was watching Curious George.  After I finished nursing N, I came in at the end of the show... I asked him if he wanted to cuddle and he did (lucky me).  As we were laying there, he looked up at me and said, "you beautiful, mama."  He is a heart breaker - that boy.  I love him.



Pics of Nan and Berkley watching the Hoos play basketball on Saturday with their daddy.




Can you spot the real baby?  Playing with his sissy this morning in his "big boy crib."

Naked cooking.  A regularly occurring activity in our house.





Playing trains before lunch.


Popsicles after lunch.

1 comment:

  1. Does Nan have blue eyes? These photos look like she does.

    ReplyDelete