Thursday, February 9, 2012

This too shall pass...

We’ve been busy the last week just staying afloat.  Days have been long and Brandon has been busy with work.  There have been great moments with the kids when Nan has been content and Berkley has been occupied play pretend in his room…. And I’ve been able to say empty the dishwasher in peace for a few minutes.  It is funny though because sometimes I’ll I want is five minutes to myself, but when presented with an opportunity, I’ll I want is to be with my babies.  Motherhood is a conundrum… and often I can’t seem to figure out the right balance.  I probably engross myself too much into the world of all that is toddler – and I have to admit I watch far too much Dora and not enough CNN, but then I remember my mama and her words that, “this too shall pass” and I am reminded that this is fleeting.  Everyone who knows me knows that I love babies and the thought of mine growing up is hard to bear.  So I give myself a pass – I will catch up on the news later; I will read all those bestsellers one day; I will eat without a child on my lap in a few years because this is all passing too quickly.  I let myself play hours of legos or believe that most good afternoons involve chocolate milk and a swing because one day I will have time.  I need to soak up the laugher, chaos, tantrums, spills, giggles, joint baths, hours nursing, cuddles, balls flying through the living room – because it will pass and I will never get it back.  So, yes, I love to steal a few moments for myself and the occasional solo shower is welcome, but mostly I love to have my kids with me and preferably on top of me if possible.







Thanks to Grammy for giving me a sec to myself this week. Love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment