Wednesday, March 21, 2012

For Nancy

Nancy Skinner Lintner was born on December 2, 1932.  She was my dad's mother.  She was a beautiful woman with olive skin who played the piano and drank instant ice tea.  I never knew her because she passed away from cancer when my dad was just a teenager.  I was born on December 2, 1982 and named Christa Bowman Lintner.  Since I was born on what would have been my grandmother's 50th birthday - my parents said they thought of calling me Nancy.  I was actually named for a family friend from Germany - Christa Bookjans.  (Sweetly, Christa named her son, Patrick, after my dad.)  Brandon and I always said that if we had a baby girl we would name her Nancy... Nancy Elizabeth Santos arrived on December 2, 2011.  She was born on my 29th birthday.  My Nan is 16 weeks on Friday.  Below are a few pictures from yesterday of her sitting up for the first time.






No comments:

Post a Comment