Wednesday, March 14, 2012

"I'm Hungy"




 We are learning to ride our bike!




I swear Berkley is going through a growth spurt.  Last night for dinner he ate one piece of bbq chicken pizza, half a bag of edamame, two cups of strawberries and raspberries, one blueberry scone, two glasses of whole milk, one cut up banana, and two popsicles.  He is a growing boy that is for sure!  I've been spending the last two days reading a book recommended by a friend called Bringing up Bebe (Druckerman) - and it is pretty awesome.  It sets out to explain the difference between Parisian and American children... why do French children sit at restaurants and not complain?  Why do French babies sleep through the night (on the whole) at around two months?  There are some Parisian things I think I should adopt - like regular meal times where the child sits at an actual table and eats.  And get this - if they are hungry in between meals - they wait until the next meal.  I have become a mom who brings snacks with me everywhere and then when dinner comes - Berks isn't hungry.... shocker.  I am implementing (starting yesterday) - set meals: breakfast, lunch, snack after nap, and dinner.  The protesting has already begun.  I'll let you know how it goes.


No comments:

Post a Comment